Do you work with young people? Have you implemented successful initiatives at local, regional or national levels? We invite you to submit your success stories in the following areas of youth policy:
- participation of young people in the democratization processes (ensuring openness, transparency, accountability of the state authorities, promoting the agenda of democratic reforms in local communities)
- education and human rights advocacy work, human rights protection, promotion of equality and non-discrimination in Ukrainian society
- development of the mechanisms for ensuring the participation of young people in the lives of their communities
- support for youth projects and initiatives
- beneficial leisure-time activities for young people and youth camping
- inclusive development (including vulnerable youth groups), sustainable development and ecology, and so on.
Form for filling in the application to participate in the contest.
Deadline: September 1, 2018.
Please note that this year, the partners of the contest pay a special attention to the promotion of youth work in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals.
In the process of completing the application, you will be asked to answer the question "How does your practice contribute making progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals 2030?"
- Involvement of youth – to which extent youth as a target audience was involved in the development and implementation of practice
- Inclusiveness – to which extent practice takes into account the interests of different groups of young people
- Innovation – to which extent applied methods and approaches to solve the problem are new and creative
- Influence – to which extent the results obtained are consistent and affect the achievement of the long-term goals
- Ability to adapt and promote – to which extent the practice could be replicated in different places and contexts
The contest is organized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine jointly with the United Nations Development Program.
The first contest of best practices in youth work in Ukraine took place in 2017. 100 youth practices from all over Ukraine were submitted to the competition by the state and civil society organizations. As a result,10 winners were selected who received honors and prizes, and 64 practices were included in the printed, and also electronic edition of the "Catalogue of the Best Practices of Youth Work 2017".
For additional questions, please refer to the contact person: Anna Ostrikova, coordinator of the Youth Worker Program, email@example.com