Every Drop Matters
A regional partnership initiative of Coca-Cola Foundation and UNDP in the countries of Europe and CIS, Every Drop Matters aims at increasing access to safe drinking water, facilitating the use of environmentally sound industrial technologies and promoting responsible water resource management through outreach and awareness raising activities.
- Restore and protect natural water springs.
- Encourage self-mobilization of communities through active engagement of local authorities and community organizations in addressing issues related to water resources.
- Raise awareness about and promote rational water resources usage among school children and youth.
- 30 micro-projects on natural springs’ rehabilitation were carried out in partnership with local authorities and communities in 13 oblasts of Ukraine (13 municipalities and 12 villages).
- Water consumption in schools of partner municipalities and communities was reduced by 20% following the awareness and educational programme on rational usage of water resources which involved 352 pupils and 504 high-school teachers.
- Educational Module for teachers and school-aged children integrated in the school curriculum and extracurricular programmes in the partner municipalities of Novograd-Volynsky, Rubizhne, Rivne, Kirovske and Saky. The module was presented as a best practice at the scientific Conference on Rational Management of Natural Resources which in Lviv in April 2011.
- 17 awareness campaigns promoted rational water usage and management through outdoor banners, an educational documentary aired on Ukraine’s 1st National Channel, study visits for students and teachers, and workshops to share best practices between the partner municipalities and regional and national partners.
The Project is supported by the Coca-Cola Company.