- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Support to the Social Sector Reform in Ukraine
What is the project about
The project supports the Government of Ukraine and the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine in accelerating the implementation of the reforms in the social sector and achieving Ukraine’s short- and mid-term social and economic development goals.
How are We Carrying out Our Mission?
The project is implemented in two phases:
The first phase included review of the draft legislation, functional analysis and support to the introduction of the necessary changes in the legislative and administrative framework. More specifically, the first phase included support to drafting new or amendment of the existing legislation in order to enable the administrative changes in the social sector. Advisory support provided in regard to the reforming of the pension system. Support to reforming the social security and assistance systems including elaboration of new administrative structures to reflect the new functions was provided. This phase was implemented during the period of second half of 2011 till early 2012.
The second phase includes support to the implementation of the reforms in the area of social services delivery, including introduction of a decentralized social service delivery system, elaboration of quality standards for social services, diversification of the menu of social services, introduction of quality assurance system for social services delivery and developing the market of social service delivery at community level. The second phase is being implemented during the period of 2012-2014.
What have we accomplished so far
Seven strategic papers with policy recommendations were prepared and disseminated to national partners: on pension policy; on administrative reform in the system of social support on reforming the social sector; on functions of social services' staff; on optimization of territorial centers, on the matrix of packages of social services, the recommendations to the draft National Conception on Social Policy till 2023.
Technical assistance was provided to the development and / or amendment about 25 legislative documents, 6 of them were adopted by the Government. Among them:
• Recommendations for the draft Law of Ukraine "On Amending Certain Laws of Ukraine on Social Services» (to the Law “On Social Services”) (were taken into account in the adopted Law № 4523-VI).
• Recommendations to the list of social services (were taken into account in The List of social services approved by the Order of Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine № 537 as for 3 September 2012).
• The draft Order on the Assessment of Community Needs in Social Services.
• The Methodical Recommendations on Assessment of Community Needs in Social Services (was approved by the Order of Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine № 648 as for 15 October 2012).
• The State Standard of Day Care Services (was approved by the Order of Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine № 452 as for 30 July 2013).
• The Oder on Social Commissioning (was approved by the Act of the Cabinet of Ministries of Ukraine No 234 as for 29 April 2013).
• The draft Methodical Recommendations on Carrying out of Social Commissioning.
• The draft Methodical Recommendations on evaluation of proposals on social commissioning.
• The draft Methodical Recommendations on Calculation of Costs of Social Services. The Recommendations was tested on example of calculation of cost of the Day Care Services.
• Based on above-mentioned draft Methodical Recommendations on Calculation of Costs of Social Services, the State Standard of Day Care Services and example of calculation of cost of the Day Care Services, the Finance Normative for Day Care Services was developed by the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine and approved by the Ministries’ Order № 527 as for 23 August 2013.
• The draft Regulation on Social Services Quality Control.
• The draft Regulation on Territorial Centers.
• The draft Regulations on Conducting a Public Awareness on Social Services.
• The draft Methodical Recommendations on Categorization of Social Services Clients Depending on Their Needs and Determination of Time Norms for Provision of Services to Clients.
UNDP is fostering implementation of reform in social service sector through institutional capacity development. More than 1000 representatives of departments of social protection and service providers all regional of Ukraine were trained on the new issues of social service planning, management and delivery (such as assessment of community needs in social services, social commissioning, quality control, standards, public awareness, calculation of costs of social service etc.). Advisory support was done to local authorities of all 26 region of Ukraine for implementation of social commissioning; local authorities and social institutions in Poltava pilot oblast for testing a model of public awareness on social services. Two manuals for social security officers and social service providers prepared and printed: Management on Social Services and Conducting a public awareness on social and rehabilitation services.
Who Finances it?
The Project is supported by UNDP.
Delivery in previous fiscal year
|Donor name||Amount contributed per year|
- Project start date:
- Estimated end date:
- Geographic coverage:
- Focus Area:
- MDGs, Poverty Reduction, Prosperity
- Eradicate Extreme Hunger and Poverty
- Project officer:
- Olena Ivanova
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine