“It is all decided”, declares Member of Parliament Yuliya Kovalevska smiling as she walks into her office one early windter morning, “we are announcing it todaymore
Projects and Initiatives
EUBAM provides on-the-job training, technical assistance and advice to the Moldovan and Ukrainian border guard and customs services, reinforcing their capacity to tackle customs fraud, detect cases of smuggling and THB (trafficking in human beings), and carry out effective border and customs controls and border surveillance. The Mission provides dedicated training courses on key customs and border-control issues such as risk analysis and anti-smuggling techniques, organises study visits to EU member States in order to observe EU best practice and engage in information exchange, and at all stages tries to encourage improved inter-agency cooperation and harmonization within each State, and on the cross-border level between the counterpart services of Moldova and Ukraine. more
The new Democratization, Human Rights and Civil Society Development Programme in Ukraine (2013 - 2016) funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented by UNDP Ukraine is a nation-scale 4-year initiative which runs from 1 January 2013 until 31 December 2016. It works to strengthen capacities of the civil society organizations to be resilient and effective promoters of democratic values, support human rights actors to promote and defend human rights in Ukraine, as well as foster participatory and result-driven Government-CSO dialogue. We have a goal in fostering emergence of an open and democratic society which is based on the rule of law, and is governed by the values of human rights supremacy, openness and accountability at all levels of government. more
Intreview with Programme Manager Yuliya Shcherbinina
Success Project Video
- 02 Jul 2015:Open data in Ukraine: which data and which format?
- 30 Jun 2015:Extreme sports, street workout, dancing and arts - it’s all about Youth Day!
- 28 Jun 2015:UNDP in Ukraine is focused on employment of the most vulnerable
Infographics on Democratic Governance Topic
- Goal 4: Quality education and learning opportunities for all. Closing the gap between education systems ensures that we can all live more informed and dignified lives. Want to learn more? on.undp.org/P0bYM 3 hours ago
- Our weekend reading, powerful stories of human willpower & resilience; from Yemen, Syria to South Sudan and Central Africa--check out our sister agency UNHCR's photoblog: 3 hours ago
- 11-year-old Mohamed Nasim, who is in sixth grade, wakes up at 5:30 every morning to take computer lessons in a makeshift classroom in Borghaso village in Afghanistan. UNDP Afghanistan 5 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook