“It is all decided”, declares Member of Parliament Yuliya Kovalevska smiling as she walks into her office one early windter morning, “we are announcing it todaymore
Projects and Initiatives
EUBAM provides on-the-job training, technical assistance and advice to the Moldovan and Ukrainian border guard and customs services, reinforcing their capacity to tackle customs fraud, detect cases of smuggling and THB (trafficking in human beings), and carry out effective border and customs controls and border surveillance. The Mission provides dedicated training courses on key customs and border-control issues such as risk analysis and anti-smuggling techniques, organises study visits to EU member States in order to observe EU best practice and engage in information exchange, and at all stages tries to encourage improved inter-agency cooperation and harmonization within each State, and on the cross-border level between the counterpart services of Moldova and Ukraine. more
The new Democratization, Human Rights and Civil Society Development Programme in Ukraine (2013 - 2016) funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented by UNDP Ukraine is a nation-scale 4-year initiative which runs from 1 January 2013 until 31 December 2016. It works to strengthen capacities of the civil society organizations to be resilient and effective promoters of democratic values, support human rights actors to promote and defend human rights in Ukraine, as well as foster participatory and result-driven Government-CSO dialogue. We have a goal in fostering emergence of an open and democratic society which is based on the rule of law, and is governed by the values of human rights supremacy, openness and accountability at all levels of government. more
- 26 Jul 2016:Racial discrimination in Ukraine: a work in progress
- 21 Jul 2016:Doing business in Donbas: what are the main obstacles?
- 21 Jul 2016:How well is Ukraine doing in combating discrimination against women?
Infographics on Democratic Governance Topic
- Greetings Family and Friends Today marks the first day at home after two months of being on a journey I can't put into words. Last week this time we as the Volmoed Youth Leadership Training Programme and Desmond Tutu Center Youth Fellows Initiative Teams were all together at Robben Island Prison, a day that was so real. We heard the stories of our fallen beloved heroes and the ones that still alive fighting for justice in our 'Great Nation of South Africa'! Yesterday marked the end of the journey as a Team of our Training Programme at Volmoed, but the real work started after we received our Certificate in the five themes: Community Creation and Creativity Wholeness and Healing Peace and Justice Reconciliation A message to every young person who's a change maker, I leave you with two quotes: "We don't have the resources to help every child, but we do have the responsibility to give each child the tools to HELP THEMSELVES." ~ Nelson Mandela "Make this country beautiful, especially for the poor." ~ Desmond Tutu My last message to the 'Voeltjies': We received the knowledge that changed our life's for ever, now we have to fly, to dream and make every effort to that the first step to change our beloved communities. God bless everyone who played a role in our development as young leaders and give us this opportunity! #VYLTP #WeCanDoIt #YesWeCan #BeChangeMakers #Journey2016 United Nations United Nations Human Rights United Nations Youth United Nations Development Programme - UNDP National Youth Development Agency Nelson Mandela Foundation Desmond Tutu Peace Foundation The Desmond Tutu Center Future Leaders_Africa One Young World 45 minutes ago
- Featured #comic for the week, have you read Daria: A Roma Woman's Journey? Daria's story, highlights some of the issues that Roma women face everyday. Based on fieldwork conducted in Eastern Europe in August 2015. Produced for the United Nations Development Programme - UNDP . Illustrated by Rob Davis http://positivenegatives.org/comics/daria-a-roma-womans-journey/comic/ 5 hours ago
- I thank the UN for the good job done. 7 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook