The project is designed to help Ukraine fulfill its global environment management commitments and plans under multilateral agreements to which the country is a party, in particular the Montreal Protocol and the Vienna Convention on Protection of Ozone Layer.
The project aims at addressing incomplete knowledge and awareness issues, contribute to regional information exchange and networking, and ensuring capacity building and technical assistance is provided at national level.
· Create a favorable environment for the protection of the ozone layer in Ukraine.
· Increase capacities of customs and environmental officers to prevent the trade in illegal ozone-depleting substances (ODS).
· Support the technological conversion to HCFC–free substances in selected private companies.
· Legislative and policy options for HCFC phase-out and control provided.
· Capacity building for enforcement of HCFC control measures conducted.
· Support for the development of regional institutions, capacity and cooperation provided.
· Formal HCFC phase-out strategy and action plan developed.
· Targeted phase-out investment and demonstration projects implemented.
Draft Law on Protection of Ozone Layer in Ukraine is developed and published on the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine website.