The project helps to strengthen the capacity of the National Council on TB and HIV/AIDS (NTHC) in fulfilling its functions of the Country Coordination Mechanism in line with the requirements and recommendations of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. These include the oversight function, involvement of all stakeholders, and ensuring consistency of response of the National Programs on TB and HIV/AIDS and the Global Fund grants.
1. Strengthen the oversight function of NTHC over activities of principal recipients of the Global Fund programs by supporting the organization of regular meetings of the National Council on TB and HIV/AIDS and Oversight Commission.
2. Ensuring participation in the National programs management of the stakeholders' representatives, incl. civil society (in particular, representatives of vulnerable groups and people living with diseases) and private sector.
3. Maintain NTHC web page.
4. Support NTHC Secretariat.
- Meetings of the National Council on TB and HIV/AIDS, of the Oversight Commission, of the Committee on Program Issues, Committee on Regional Policy and monitoring visits to regions are conducted on a regular basis.
- The NTHC annual work plans are developed and approved.
- The Oversight annual plans for the development of applications, negotiations and implementation of the Global Fund programs are developed and approved.
- The National TB and HIV Council members’ rotation policy, the Communication Strategy and the Communication Plan are developed, approved and in place.
Meet our heroes