The UN Development Programme (UNDP) in Ukraine and &Seed Agency are enrolling students to the Crowdfunding Academy 2021. We are looking for entrepreneurs and startups from Donetsk, Luhansk and Kherson oblasts, and Azov Sea coastal region of Zaporizhzhia Oblast – Berdiansk, Melitopol and Tokmak, and from Prymorske, Pryazovske, Orikhiv, Hulyaipilske, Yakymivka and Bilmak districts. This initiative is being implemented by UNDP as part of the United Nations Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (UN RPP), with financial support from the European Union.
Crowdfunding is a transparent and innovative tool for raising funds from the general public and securing support for business ideas. It provides for the flexible testing of people’s ideas, while also allowing them to find loyal customers.
Leading experts in crowdfunding, copywriting, design and the social media will help entrepreneurs raise the funds they need to develop their businesses through online platforms and innovative methods. To become a participant in the Crowdfunding Academy, entrepreneurs must submit an application providing a description of their business idea and explaining why and how much money they need to raise. The organizers will select 30 applications submitted by the most motivated participants.
The Crowdfunding Academy involves:
- three modules and six days of training by leading experts who have practical experience under their belts;
- online training and consultations;
- providing support with making crowdfunding applications;
- launching fund-raising campaigns;
- gaining unique experience and meeting new people;
- getting good opportunities to find partners and investors.
Participants in previous Crowdfunding Academies raised funds successfully and even found foreign investors for their projects. Examples of businesses launched include: The Secret Expedition, a scientific quest (over UAH 63,000); WalQlike, excursions with riddles (over UAH 60,000); VoltyCo, the manufacture of electric bicycles (over UAH 270,000); a mini park for learning English (over UAH 155,000); a private primary school (over UAH 35,000); IT education for Mariupol teenagers (over UAH 123,000); and the creation of a family cafe in Mykolaivka (over UAH 132,000). Overall, people who received training at the Crowdfunding Academy have already raised over UAH 800,000.
Participants are required:
- to have an existing company/business/project, or to present a business idea and its implementation plan;
- to be a team of at least two persons and, if possible, be experienced in marketing or communications;
- to be registered as a sole proprietor or have a partner registered as one;
- to be willing to invest their time and efforts in studying at the academy and conducting their own campaign. Overall, six days of training, regular online sessions and thematic tasks to prepare for the campaign are planned to take place from July and up to and including September.
Training dates and format:
First module – early July. Participants are required to attend in person.
Second module – early August. Participants are required to attend in person.
Third module – late September Participants are required to attend in person.
Selected participants will be emailed the final version of the course programme, as well as the final dates and time at which training will be provided.
❗❗❗ The deadline for submitting applications is ⏳ 15 June 23:59. Apply at the following ➡️ link. We will select the most motivated participants and announce the results of the selection!
&Seed is a crowdfunding and self-development agency that specializes in consulting and supporting fundraising campaigns, as well as providing emotional support to teams and individuals.
The United Nations Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (UN RPP) is being implemented by four United Nations agencies: the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Twelve international partners support the Programme: the European Union (EU), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, and the governments of Canada, Denmark, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden & Switzerland.