Scaling up decentralization reforms: strengthening local self-governance
UNDP is supporting the Donetsk and Luhansk local authorities drive forward decentralization reforms by helping amalgamated communities to design development strategies, provide quality services and battle corruption.
· In 2017-18 more than 170,000 people received quality services in 13 new Administrative Service Centers (ASCs) in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
· 55,000 people received administrative consultations, legal or psychological assistance through seven citizens’ advisory bureaus supported by UNDP in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
· Seven co-ordination councils on gender issues were created and seven socio-economic development strategies were specifically designed for amalgamated communities in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
· Two Regional Development Agencies were created for Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.
· Over 2,400 local authority representatives and community members from Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts took part in national and international study visits, training workshops and professional consultations.